Teacher VS Student VS Celebrity: Who makes the best MAC?

Shaq-A-Cheese and Wendt Mac

There are an infinite amount of ways to prepare macaroni, but which is best? There have been many reviews of different celebrity macaroni recipes but Shaq’s in particular caught my attention. The story behind his macaroni, and the nostalgic feeling of his mom making it for dinner, made me want to try it for myself. So I did, along with the infamous Mr. Wendt and student Karla Berrueto Macaroni. May the best Macaroni win.

The first macaroni that we will be discussing is Karla Berrueto’s student macaroni.

This macaroni by far the simplest macaroni only requires two things. Kraft Mac N Cheese as well as extra grated cheese. As for the procedure, first, you prepare the Kraft Mac N Cheese using the instructions on the box then you spread it out on a baking pan with non-stick spray or oil. After laying it out add cheese on the top and put it in the oven at 350 until the cheese on top is browned. As a self-proclaimed macaroni and cheese connoisseur, I find this macaroni to be a disgrace to all macaroni since it is my firm belief that macaroni is a delicacy that should be prepared seriously. This macaroni and cheese doesn’t taste as good as normal macaroni but it is quick and easy to make so that is the only thing giving the macaroni a bit of points. Overall I rate it a 4/10.

Mr. Wendt, a true macaroni connoisseur, like myself, was kind enough to give us the following recipe, so let’s try it!

The first step in making this macaroni is to prepare the cheese. The ingredients involved in this step include 0.5 cup Milk, Butter, mozzarella cheese, 1 egg, and a tablespoon of flour. First, add in butter and let it melt then add flour and stir for 1 min before adding egg and milk. Stir again then finally add mozzarella cheese and stir until cheese is smooth. While you do this have the noodles boiling so that by the time you are finished noodles are boiled. Add noodles to your cheese mixture and mix well. Put into a non-stick pan and layer more mozzarella and mixed cheese on top before you finally put it into the oven at 425 degrees. This macaroni turned out great. The only thing holding it back was the saltiness. I felt that it definitely needed some salt and other seasoning. This could be because I may have used a different kind of cheese. This macaroni was great and I definitely recommend it to people who like mozzarella cheese and things that have somewhat bland flavors. Overall I give Mr. Wendt’s macaroni an 8/10

Finally Shaquille O’Neal’s famous mac and cheese from his cookbook.

This macaroni and cheese requires a specific type of butter for the cheese called Parkay Margarine. First, melt the Parkay Margarine in a pan then add a tablespoon of flour and mix for a minute before you add one egg and half a cup of milk. Mix for another minute before adding 16 ounces of Velveeta Cheese. After boiling the noodles you add the noodles to the cheese mixture once the cheese mixture is completely evened out. Mix mix mix and voila you have your Mac. Before you make it Mac and cheese you must lay out all of your mac onto a baking pan and layer it with cheese on top. For the final touch, you add breadcrumbs to give it a little more texture. Before placing it into the oven make sure the oven is preheated at 425 degrees. The recipe says 30 min in the oven but it depends on the oven and the pan so I suggest cooking until golden brown on top. This recipe is by far the most complicated and time-consuming however I believe that the result is definitely worth it. The cheesiness of the mac and cheese is great and the breadcrumbs add just that perfect amount of crunch. It also doesn’t require salt because the Velveeta cheese gives it all the salt it needs. If you are looking for solid mac and cheese, as the macaroni connoisseur I am, I fully recommend trying out this recipe. 10/10 must try again.

Overall Shaq had the cheesiest mac and cheese which in my opinion is what makes mac and cheese a delicacy. If you prefer creamy mac and cheese then Mr. Wendt’s recipe is definitely the way to go. Karla’s mac and cheese was good if you want a quick snack but I definitely recommend the other ones. Shaq’s mac and cheese was definitely Shaqalicious!