Della Coffee: An addition to the Montrose coffee scene

Iced vanilla latte and Iced chai from Della Coffee
Naadiya Walji

I am always looking for an opportunity to drink coffee, so as I was driving down West Gray, I saw a giant “NOW OPEN” sign in front of a coffee shop named Della Coffee. 

As the weather gets warmer, my cravings for iced coffee just get stronger, so I felt my steering wheel turn itself into the parking lot. As a self-proclaimed coffee connoisseur, I took the opportunity to use the close proximity to Carnegie and my coffee cravings to go and try out their coffee.

Della Coffee opened in mid-April and is located in Houston’s Montrose neighborhood. It is a 10-minute walk from Carnegie. 

Walking inside, I was met with a breeze of cool air and an aesthetically pleasing little cafe. There was a merchandise stand on the wall, along with a “grab n go” refrigerator. The merchandise was cute and visually pleasing, I almost wanted to buy a trucker hat. 

The menu had a variety of pastries and treats ranging from soups, sandwiches, tacos and croissants as well as coffee and other drinks. 

I got an iced vanilla latte that came out within minutes. 

Iced vanilla latte (Naadiya Walji)

The latte was perfect. From the first sip, I thought I was in coffee heaven.  It was creamy and sweet and the espresso was perfectly bold. It had just the right amount of vanilla.  My friend got an iced chai, who said it tasted authentic and comforting. 

The next time I went, I tried their iced matcha latte. I asked to add vanilla and it did not disappoint. The matcha was earthy, a beautiful vibrant green and sweet from the vanilla. Usually, I am not a matcha fan but this one was so good.

Iced matcha latte with vanilla (Naadiya Walji)

My brother got the hibiscus tea, which tasted floral and somehow looked and tasted like purple berries. It was also very fragrant, like sipping perfume. The tea wasn’t sweet, but still delicious.

Hibiscus tea (Naadiya Walji)

Overall, Della Coffee is a tasty, aesthetic and delicious new spot full of refreshing and delicious drinks.