POST Houston review: possibly your next Instagram post

Esteban Gallardo
Neon LED lights POST Houstons dinning hub showing modern style lighting within the building.

POST Houston is not your typical eatery or music venue. It is a vibrant and diverse space that offers a unique blend of culture, food, relaxation and leisure, all within the historic walls of the Barbara Jordan Old Post Office. That renovated mixed-use complex continues to be a major Houston attraction and could even be your next hangout spot. From a rooftop park with beautiful views of the city skyline to a host of events and attractions, POST Houston has something for everyone.

The transformation of the old Barbara Jordan Post Office into the vibrant and dynamic POST Houston is a sign that it is coming back to life, but it has many uses. Designed by OMA, POST Houston is not just a static space, but an active and changing collection of programs that serve a wide range of interests. From culture and food to tropical urbanism, POST Houston can offer you and your friends a variety of experiences. One of the highlights is its rooftop park with breathtaking views of downtown Houston. In addition, 713 Music Hall serves as a cultural center, where various events and performances by many famous artists take place. Another notable attraction is the Cars and Coffee event, where car enthusiasts come together bringing their rare/expensive cars for everyone to see. POST Houston is truly a destination that offers a unique and immersive experience for students of all interests.

POST Houston is home to POST Market, a food court that offers a delightful culinary experience. One of the standout restaurants is Golfstrømmen, known for its innovative approach to Gulf seafood. Led by chef Christopher Haatuft, Golfstrømmen brings some of the “New Nordic Cuisine” to the Houston dining scene. Focused on fresh and sustainable ingredients, the restaurant offers visitors a unique dining experience. In addition to Golfstrømmen, POST market offers a diverse selection of 25 vendors, including famous Houston chefs and unique non-food items. Ranging from a $5 hotdog at Yoyo’s to a $50 omakase experience, the taste for different food is unlimited. From traditional favorites to innovative culinary creations, POST Market offers diners a delightful selection of flavors and experiences. 

From the top floor of POST Houston, visitors will enjoy stunning views of downtown Houston. The sweeping landscapes showcase the city and its impressive skyline, providing a charming backdrop for relaxation and refreshment. This feature adds to the appeal of POST Houston as a destination where people can relax, enjoy the beauty of their surroundings and immerse themselves in a carefree world. Whether you’re enjoying a meal at one of the food courts or just hanging out at the rooftop park with friends, POST Houston’s scenic views offer a mesmerizing experience that supports all the good things about POST.

Drone Footage From Flysabunch

Finally, POST Houston is a haven for culture, food, relaxation and maybe even your next Instagram post. With attractions such as 713 Music Hall, a rooftop park with beautiful views of downtown Houston, and the vibrant food court POST Market, POST Houston offers a dynamic and engaging experience for visitors of all ages as well as interests. Its potential as a major mass attraction for downtown Houston is evident because it brings together various elements that appeal to a wide audience. Whether you’re looking for a cultural experience, a culinary adventure, or a place to relax and enjoy breathtaking views, POST Houston has it all. The POST is definitely a must-see that showcases the best of downtown Houston.